Untitled design (6)

Senior Reserves & Colts – Reserves unbeaten still! Colts come close!

Harbour Seniors win again. The Harbour colts come very close!

The boys needed to get up for this one being a big occasion with the week of adversity with the possibility of losing all of their first round points due to politics and red tape plus coming up against team mates from last year who moved off to Green Island.

The game started off being very physical with both teams trying to get the upper hand in the forwards but it was the Harbour back line that broke through first scoring two quick tries both being converted by Jarrod Hewitt who had another standout game at second five. Green Island weren’t ready to lie down with two quick ties themselves with the difference being they were¬† unable to convert and then one further penalty to Jarrod Hewitt after 5 consecutive penalties to the hawks, 3 for head highs had Harbour leading at the break 17-10.

The second half was as tight as the first with the Hawks scoring another fantastic try with backs combining well again breaking multiple tackles and a chip and chase for the try under the posts had the Hawks out to a 24-10 lead and looking comfortable. Green Islands superior match fitness started to show and when captain Hayden Cleghorn was yellow carded in the 67th minute. Green Island went on the charge scoring another 2 quick tries setting up a nail biting finish but when the Hawks were awarded another penalty right in front of the posts with 4 minutes to go, the boys managed to defend their line and take out the win 27-22.

The Harbour seniors are away at Middlemarch this weekend, and are keen to organise a bus to go down with supporters! Please message manager Andrew Berryman if you are keen to go, 027 698 4373.


The premier colts had a fantastic end to their season where they came very close to causing a huge upset over Southland Boy’s going down 24-21 in the bottom four semi final.

The boys started off strong with dominant tackling caused early mistakes for Southland. The boys crashed over within in the first 10 minutes and was converted by Liam McFaul to go up 7-0. Southland hit back about 10 minutes later. The boys were locked up 14-14 at half time, and took the lead early in the second half to go up 21-14 thanks to flanker Dylan Tutty.

Southland had the fitness though and scored two quick tries back to back to make it a grand stand finish. The boys had an opportunity right at the death as a Southland player was red carded and the boys opted to go for the win rather than the draw but unfortunately knocked it on over the line.

Manager Ant O’Neil couldn’t believe the turn around, the boys really lifted today and deserved the win and were bloody unlucky he said. I couldn’t be more proud of the boys efforts and I hope that they really do build on it.

Stand outs were second five Nale Ofa and the whole forward pack tackled and played out of their skins! It was easily the boys best game of the season after losing 74-12 to them only a fortnight ago. The boys will keep on training as the first section of the season has now come to an end but will be back up and running and look to build on this performance in the second round of games.